Who We Are
THE CANADIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT:
- Is Canada’s oldest and most respected Professional Management Association
- Meets the educational, professional and networking needs of experienced and emerging managers working in business, industry and government
- Is committed to leadership in promoting management professionalism
- Supports management excellence in individuals and organizations
- Is a Federally Chartered Not-for-Profit volunteer driven organization
- Is dedicated to the recognition of general management skills and expertise
THE EMPLOYEE I CAN BE!
- A well-educated individual with transferable employment skills to enhance my career path
- A participating trained decision-maker
- A potential leader in the workplace
- A productive, motivated enthusiastic learner who can immediately implement practical techniques to assist in meeting organizational objectives
- An individual identified as having reached a certified skill benchmark
- A committed, loyal participant directed towards achieving company goals and objectives
- A creative and solution oriented thinker
WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?
- Build career excellence with transferable knowledge, skills and competencies
- Increase your business self-confidence
- Increase your understanding of management perspectives and awareness
- Recognize, develop and improve management decision-making skills
- Provide recognition of current experience, training, and competencies
- Enhance and improve skill levels with new and life-long learning opportunities
- Provide national networking opportunities
- Provide a recognizable, measurable benchmark of achievement
WHAT WILL YOUR EMPLOYER GAIN?
- A management team with current and relevant skills and competencies
- Increased productivity and profits as a result of enhanced decision-making skills
- Measurement and standardization of employee competencies
- A competitive advantage in recognizing and managing growth opportunities
- A broader supervisory/manager candidate workforce
Today’s business environment is fast-paced, diverse, and complex. Every business needs to maximize their competitive advantage. Your
knowledge and skills can be paramount to personal and organizational success. Let us help you increase your career advantage by enrolling
today in an established education program leading to designation as a supervisor/manager. Obtain your personal competitive advantage!
INVEST in your personal development and be ready to move to the next career level.
REGISTER TODAY for training and upgrading of your knowledge and skills inventory.
Certificate in Supervisory Management (CSM)
Completion of four academic credits.
Certificate in Management and Administration Studies (CIMA)
This program consists of six mandatory and two elective courses.
CANADIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT DESIGNATIONS
- Provide formal recognition of your academic and experiential status by a recognized organization or authority.
- Are a benchmark of management achievement.
- Certified in Management (C.I.M.)
- A program of academics combined with managerial and/or supervisory experience
- Professional Manager (P.Mgr.)
- Recognition of significant managerial experience
- Chartered Manager (C.Mgr.)
Completion of 12 additional advanced level academic credits or completion of an MBA
A Certified in Management (C.I.M.) designation candidate with a CIMA certificate must accumulate two years appropriate managerial or supervisory experience either prior to, while studying, or within six years of completing their academic studies.
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT:
Canadian Institute of Management, National Office
15 Collier Street – Lower Level, Barrie, Ontario L4M 1G5
Canadian Institute of Management, Hamilton Branch
2 King St.W., Jackson square
P.O. Box 57035, Jackson Square
Visit our National website for the complete Privacy Statement.
Branches across Canada
BRITISH COLUMBIA I YUKON I CAPE BRETON I GRAND VALLEY I HAMILTON I LAKE SIMCOE I LONDON I MONTREAL I NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR I NIAGARA I NORTHERN ALBERTA I NWT I OTTAWA VALLEY I SARNIA I SASKATOON-REGINA I SOUTHERN ALBERTA I TORONTO I WINNIPEG I Mainland Nova Scotia I NORTHERN ALBERTA I NWT