COURSE OBJECTIVES & DESCRIPTION
Good communication skills are essential for success in business. This course will help you gain those skills. Students will learn how to prepare and use written and oral communications effectively and efficiently. Because precision, clarity and accuracy are essential to business communication, this course will emphasize grammar and punctuation, as well as style, content and strategy.
At the end of this course, students should be able to do the following:
– Develop and write clear, grammatically correct and coherent letters, memos and reports, that meet professional standards
– Edit their own and others writing
– Match the appropriate strategy to a given communication situation
– Deliver impromptu and prepared oral presentations
– Use communication theory to analyze communication situations