Introduction to Management
This course introduces C.I.M. candidates to the concept of management by exploring the roles and functions of managers in the Canadian business environment. Introduction to Management is designed to build a foundation of knowledge needed in future management courses.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES:
1. Define the management functions of planning, organizing, leading and controlling.
2. Explain the responsibilities of a business manager.
3. Identify management knowledge and skills required within the culture of organizations.
4. Determine competitive advantages through competitive analysis.
5. Determine business opportunities, challenges, strengths and weaknesses.
6. Assess business resources.
7. Assess the necessary business requirements and good business practices for ethics, decision making, strategic management, environmental scanning, technological advances, innovation, the learning organization, organizational change, risk management and team building.